Thursday 7 April 2011

Home Keepers Journal



In My Kitchen … Home made, melt-in-the-middle chocolate microwave sponge pudding; chicken rissoto with rocket; lots of honey and lemon for current cold.

With my Family … everything is a bit up in the air at the moment.

What I’m Reading … Mark 16;13-28, where Jesus asks Peter to trust him admist the storm, Peter tries and fails when he is distracted by his circumstances, but he asks for Jesus to save him. What struck me most is that Jesus' answer to Peter comes in the form of leading him to safety, he doesn't change Peter's circumstances until after he has taken him to a safe place. Also, the Spectator, and a general book on answering tough questions questions.

An area where I wish I was stronger … energy levels and endurance.

What I’ve Been Noticing … the beautiful smell of spring, both flowers and of sap rising in the trees. SO evocative.

I am looking forward to … … Easter break with my family.

On The Back Burner of My Mind … how I can a wise steward of all that God has given me, both at home and further afield.

In The Deepest Darkest Recesses … I must trust that my Lord is stirring things to grow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...