Saturday 3 January 2009

I went for a walk today, a much long awaited walk. I having to been waiting for the time, the weather and most importantly the motivation to go to Richmond park for several weeks now. Yesterday at work I had the strange experience of my mind craving bright sunshine so much it actually felt like if I had been able to see outside, it would actually have been so.

And this morning I woke up to exactly that. Blue skies, bright sunshine and the day to myself. Time to head out, spend some time with God in His beautiful creation.

I bussed down to Kingston Gate and then headed in the direction of Pembrooke Lodge. The park was busy with families and groups of chatty adults. It wasn't exactly the quiet getaway I'd hoped for, but because I had set out quite late, I didn't want to stray too far from the main paths and risk being shut in at dusk. I would have to create my own quiet. Usually I create my own safe haven by plugging in the ear phones and turning up the volume, but not today. Today I wanted silence, my own at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...